Thursday, November 30, 2006
Crazy Oklahoma weather -- Tuesday was in the 70's and today was in the teens... yikes. I bundled the kids up like the little boy in Christmas Story, heehee! Emily wasn't real thrilled because it was windy, but Chris had a ball and then came in for hot chocolate. He didn't last too much longer than Emily did. :)
1. Your real name: Jenny
2. Your Gangsta name (favorite ice cream flavor, favorite cookie) : Cookie Dough Ladylock
3. Your "Fly Guy/Girl" name (first initial of first name, first 3 letters of last): J Ket
4. Your Detective name (favorite color, favorite animal): Green Cat
5. Your Soap Opera name (middle name, town where born): Louise Plattsburgh
6. Your Star Wars name (first 3 letters of last name, first 2 letters of first name, first 3 letters of mom's maiden name): Ketjeand
7. Superhero name (favorite color, favorite drink): Green Dew
8. Iraqi name (second letter of first name, third letter of last name, any letter of middle name, second letter of mom's maiden name, third letter of dad's middle name, first letter of a sibling's first name, last letter of mom's middle name): Etsnu-e
9. Stripper name (name of favorite perfume/cologne/body spray): Breathless
10. Witness protection name (mother and father's middle names): Louise Bruce
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Well, today was the Thanksgiving Feast at "school". It was really nice - cute kids and great food. Each class put on a little presentation -- a song or poem or whatever. Neither of my kids uttered a word when their class was up. Oh, well.
The pastor if the church said a few words before we prayed over the food. He said that he was watching the parents during the presentations and that we were all grinning like idiots (my word, not his!) and waving our arms, trying to get the kids to look at us, and taking pictures with multiple cameras. He mentioned that it was great how proud we are of our kids and how much we love them.
Then he said that that is exactly how God feel about us, His children. He loves us even more than that. Wow. What a neat illustration. There are times that I forget that. God loves me. And you. I know that in my head, but sometimes I don't feel it so clearly. When the pastor said what he did, I felt it to the tips of my toes. How awesome. And how much we have to be thankful for!
Monday, November 13, 2006
We had a pretty great weekend this past weekend. Bobby's birthday was on Thursday. Since he works on base, and they had Friday off for Veteran's Day, he went ahead and took Thursday as a vacation day. It was awesome.
The kids were at school, so we had 5 whole hours all to ourselves. We just did some running around town - went to a music store, the new huge library downtown, and ate lunch out. Then we came home and watched Lucky Number Slevin. I thought it was really good - I like suspense movies a lot.
The timing was perfect. As soon as the movie was over, it was time to go get the kids. Then we ran to Walmart to pick up the "guitar" birthday cake. We met the rest of the family at Olive Garden (Bobby's favorite restaurant) and then all came back to the house for cake and ice cream.
Friday was a real nothing day. Sleeping in and hanging around the house, playing. We started working on our new hobby/side "business". (I'll tell more later.)
Saturday was pretty much the same - just more running around town. This time with the kids. Then went to our favorite 5:30 church service.
After church, we came back home and changed clothes and Bobby and I went to Steve's karaoke bar while the local grandparents stayed with the kiddos. Bobby played his guitar and sang 2 songs in front of the audience. He did really well, but the sound system is new and there were some feedback issues. Then after a couple of margaritas and much pleading, Steve and Bobby convinced me to sing for the very first time at a karaoke bar. I did awful, but it was fun.
Sunday was another lazy sweatpants day. We played in the back yard with the kids and watched MI3. It was better than I expected.
Typing it all out, just now, it doesn't seem like anything special. But this long weekend with my favorite people was the perfect amount of "out" time and "in home" time. It was an awesome weekend. :)