Monday, December 18, 2006

I"m Doing Something Right, I Guess


The title of the post is partially said in jest, but, maybe partially not. I'm not sure how other kids are, but mine love to clean. It all started when Chris was younger - around 2-ish. He fell in love with the vacuum. You can ask his grandparents. Every time we'd go to their house, all he wanted to do was vacuum. At home, he wanted to vacuum. All the time. I chalked it up to Chris being a quirky kid.


But now Emily loves to vacuum. And the other day, Chris was playing in the sink, and when I walked into the kitchen, Chris had bubbles covering every inch of the sink. I asked him what he was doing, and he said,

"Scrubbing."


"Oh, okay."


And I turned and walked out of the kitchen. Scrub away, my son, scrub away.

5 comments:

sara said...

LOVE the pics!!!! i remember chris and the vacuum......so did he introduce it to em or did she find it on her own??? too cute!!! i can't wait to get together with you guys......

Kristie said...

Too Fun!! Can you fly them over to the East Coast? I could sure use some help before the holidays! :)

Hope you guys are having a great week! Kristie

JennyK said...

:) I LOVE this - our group of "girls" back together again!

Sara - I really think that Emily got it on her own, although seeing Chris laughing and acting like I'm "chasing" him with it didn't hurt. I can't believe I let it get all the way to Christmas without seeing you guys again. Shame on me! Are you guys having Allie's party as usual this year? Do you think I can score and invite?

Kristie - Thanks for leaving a comment. I just can't say it enough - your girls are just too cute! My Mom and Dad are here for Christmas and I showed them the old pics and your blog too. They got a big kick out of it and they think that Kaitlyn and Haley are so pretty. : )

Merry Christmas, gals!!

sara said...

hey jen!

i'm so glad kristie has a blog now too......i love all the pics of the kids!!!

and yes, allie's party is going to be on the 31st, but this year we are having it at the BBQ in moore instead of here...it's the one that is on 12th and broadway......i just dread the clean-up (especially since it's so close to christmas)!!!! will your parents still be here for new years?


have a wonderful christmas & i'll talk to you soon....

Kristie said...

Tell your mom & dad hi for me! It is fun looking back. I was just telling Todd about some of our excursions...Do you remember the bike trip around that island of Texel? That was one of my favorite trips. :)


Keep adding pictures to your blog...I just love'em!

Can't wait to hear about your Christmas holiday!