Friday, January 12, 2007

Blogger's Block



I don't know what's going on with me... I feel bored and boring. I have the winter doldrums.

The Christmas toys have already kind of lost their new-ness.

We went to Target again (the day before the kids went back to school/MDO) and I picked up some cheap-o dress up stuff from the dollar section. Chris got a pirate outfit. He was thrilled with it. When his teacher asked him on Tuesday what he got for Christmas or what his favorite present was or whatever, he told her all about the pirate costume, not the super cool electric guitar, or the guns, or the Leapster that I told my parents Chris would just die for. Nope. None of those things are even in his conciousness now. Just a cheap costume that has already ripped completely up the side and been repaired with duct tape.






While we there, Emily spotted these beauties. I'm not a huge fan of these types of shoes, but if you can't wear sparkly mary janes at (almost) 2 years old, when can you wear them?




I finally cashed in the gift certificate for the "spa experience" that Bobby sweetly gave to me last Valentine's Day. That's a whole blog unto itself. It was a nice and semi-relaxing hour and a half. I'll give details soon.



One more item to report.... Our Christmas tree still stands. Shameful.


Fortunately, as Sara showed everyone, we'll have plenty of time indoors to get nice and organized and "de-treed".

Last but not least, this was one of my Christmas presents. A fountain punch bowl. Needless to say, it's been a great source of entertainment and awe for my bored kids this January. I say, we must be living the high life if we've got our own fountain in our home!

2 comments:

sara said...

i LOVE those shoes!!!! i tried to get allie to get them, but she didn't want them!!! i like the other colors too, but NOOOOOO.....

let's get together once everything thaws out!!!! =)

JennyK said...

How funny!

Yes, let's definitely play after this "Ice Storm 2007" has passed. (Aren't the news stations dramatic?)