Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I Love Thomas Edison

See, Aunt Debi? I told you that would be my title!



So, if anyone was wondering why I hadn't posted pictures of the big ice storm yet, it's because we've been out of power since Sunday night. We finally got it back around noon today and while we're extremely blessed to have family around who didn't lose power, t
here's still nothing like being at home with lights and warmth and internet during a storm.

Here's the photographic evidence as usual:


Our poor little tree. Folklore has it that it's survived a lightning strike already, but this ice split it right down the middle. The grass was covered in solid ice yesterday.

It's really very pretty.



Trees in our neighborhood just down the street. Every yard pretty much looks like this.




The cute tree with little red berries in my in-laws yard was taken out. In a weird case of forshadowing, I took this picture of our Christmas tree the night before the power went out. Creepy.







I'll be out of commission again, for the next several days. My Granny passed away Monday morning after a long battle with ALS. I'll be away for her funeral through Saturday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i kept checking for an update!!! sorry you guys lost power.....we were one of the lucky few who never lost it. and we have heat as of this past monday!!! ;)

it was great seeing you on saturday before the storm hit!!!

sorry about granny....i hope you have a safe trip there and back. be careful!

JennyK said...

Thanks, Sara. :)

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

I'm sorry about your Granny. A close friend of ours also passed away from ALS, it's an ugly disease.

Thanks for stopping by the blog. The rack by my coffee maker is from Longaberger. It's a basket company that sells iron work as well. My mom is a sales rep for them and it was a gift from her several years ago.

Merry Christmas!