Thursday, July 20, 2006

Big Trash Treasure

We found this on the curb of the house, 2 doors up from us, the night before last.
It was dark and we were heading home from swimming at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We were coming down the hill toward home when I spotted it. Chris and I went for the initial inspection and when it passed, I came back and reported to Bobby. Bless his heart, he humored me and headed out to check it himself. We still have a chair in our attic that I found on a curb, 5 years ago.
After a couple of minutes, Emily and I went outside to see what his verdict was and saw him struggling down the street, carrying this thing, in a big bear hug. We ran to help him and after a little sweating, grunting and bruising, it's now residing, proudly, in our front living room. After I get it fixed up, it'll go in Chris' room.
I think it's perfect for a preschooler. I showed Chris how it has a special spot just for his backpack. He, on the other hand, thinks it makes a great house. He's claimed the section with the door as his hideout.
I'd like to remove the stickers and possibly paint it. I was really inspired by how turkey feathers transformed her microwave cart.
Roll your mouse over the picture to see the before and after. Cool, huh?
Any ideas on how to remove the stickers easily?

No comments: