Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Pears and Plans



So, since our weather has been over 100 for the last several days, we've been inside alot.
When I'm home, I love to keep a candle burning. It makes the house smell great and I like to see the pretty glow coming from our kitchen counter. It just seems cozy to me.
This month's candle of the month scent is Japanese Pear and it is wonderful. I'm not usually a fan of fruity scents - mostly because they tend to be very sweet and cloying. This, however, is light and fresh and just perfect for summer!
I really struggle to balance my "real work" (raising my kids) with my "at home work" (home candle business). Oh yeah, and my "housework" and my "hobbies" (reading blogs and surfing the net!) and the "exercise" that I'm suposed to be doing and spending time with hubby. Guess which ones often get overlooked? Yep - the business and the exercise. Those are the two activities that take effort in the beginning. But they are also the two (besides kids and hubby) that can yield the greatest rewards!
Now, things wil be easier in September when Chris and Em are at their Mother's Day Out program twice a week, but until then, I have a plan. Just like working out, it's so much better to do a small amount every day than to wait and try to cram things in in one big burst of inspiration.
My summer resolution: I will do one thing daily to build my business. There are many things in the business that can be done in 15 minute increments, so I will take advantage of the times that the children are otherwise occupied and instead of reading fluff, I'll build my family's future. Okay, I feel better now that I've got that out on "paper". I'll work on the exercise later. :)
Here are a couple of non-fluff blogs that I like to read:
and
Thoughtful and funny - what a great combination!
photo supplied by allposters.com

No comments: