Tuesday, July 25, 2006

PA Please!

Well, we're gearing up to head east. We're at T minus 28 hours and I have a list about 6 feet long of "things that should be done before our trip" and nothing is done. Scratch that. I got the epi-pens.
That got me to thinking...
Airport security these days is highly unpredictable, yes? Some places practically do a cavity search (the last time we flew, they checked Emily's diaper), while others wave you through, smiling and blowing kisses. Emily has a peanut allergy that is highly unpredictable. She is soon to be on an aircraft filled with tiny bags of peanuts all being opened simultaneously and I'm going to have a giant hypodermic needle in my purse, just in case she reacts. (For the record, I don't expect that she will.) Do you think we'll be "flagged" by security when the super-duper x-ray scanner sees that hypodermic needle in my purse? I'm taking bets.
Anyhow, Bobby and I are in desperate need of this vacation. Our kids are in desperate need of this vacation. We are sick to death of Oklahoma heat and staying in this house with PBS kid shows on all day long. You know it's bad when a trip to Target is a highlight in your day and going swimming is losing it's charm. We need our Grammy and Pop fix and some cooler weather and a change of scenery. I'll definitely try to post while we're there, Sara :), although I probably won't be able to do any pictures until we get back.
Stay cool. We'll miss you.

1 comment:

sara said...

we miss you already and you haven't even left yet!!!! have fun but hurry home!!!